Role of accreditation in this sector
Trade, crafts and procurement – this sector also includes conformity assessment activities that have only been verified in cases of accreditation for a number of years. For example, construction companies can have themselves verified by accredited prequalification bodies in pre-competitive procedures, reducing the amount of bureaucracy associated with public tendering procedures. Courier, express and parcel service providers can also have themselves prequalified by accredited bodies in order to prove to their clients that they meet certain minimum standards.
Also new is that the compliance of companies with the requirements of the Supply Chain Due Diligence Act (LkSG) can be certified by accredited bodies with a view to improving the protection of stakeholders along supply chains.
There are management systems for the prevention of corruption or adherence to compliance rules in place across sector and industry boundaries that are verified by certification bodies that have demonstrated their competence in a case of accreditation.
Our technical units in the Trade and Crafts | Procurement sector
Financial, Competition and Procurement Systems | Prevention of Corruption and Money Laundering | Trade | Craft
The Financial, Competition and Procurement Systems | Prevention of Corruption and Money Laundering | Trade | Craft technical unit accredits on the basis of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024.
Social and Educational System | AZAV (employment promotion) | Occupational Safety | PSA (Personal Protective Equipment) | Due Diligence
This technical unit handles cases of accreditation in the areas of education, occupational safety, personal protective equipment and due diligence in supply chains. DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 and for persons in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024, (DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025) as well as certification bodies for products (DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065).
Application examples of accredited services in this sector
- Prequalification of courier, express and parcel service providers (PQ CEP)
- Prequalification of construction companies (PQ VOB)
- Certifications in the area of due diligence in supply chains
- Certification of anti-bribery management systems in accordance with DIN ISO 37001
- Certification of compliance management systems in accordance with DIN ISO 37301
- Certification of cash and value services on the basis of DIN 77210
- Certification of security services in accordance with DIN 77200
- Certification of funeral services or specialist companies in the chimney sweep trade (ZIV)
- Personnel certification of technical experts for real estate valuation
- Certification in the area of data protection in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)