Accreditations and conformity assessment bodies
The “Persons” department is currently responsible for around 25 accreditation schemes and thus covers a broad range of subjects. These include:
- Management personnel
- Personnel for joining technology and non-destructive testing
- Experts in real estate valuation
- Experts in structural damage
- Experts in fire safety
- Experts in motor vehicles
- Specialists in transport systems
- Sensory experts
- IT personnel
- Specialists in health care
- Usability experts
The various activities are cross-cutting issues that also affect other DAkkS subject areas and departments and that therefore have interfaces with other subject areas in terms of content.
The certification scheme in each cases has a special significance. The following serve as the basis for the certification schemes:
- Laws, directives and regulations (for example Regulation on UV protection, Directive 2014/68/EU)
- Standards (for example DIN EN 15257, ISO 9606, ISO 14731, DIN EN ISO 9712)
- Non-normative principles
The accreditation of certification bodies of persons is carried out in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024.
Benefits of accreditation
This accreditation not only certifies that accredited bodies have the competence for their conformity assessment, it also independently confirms maintenance of this competence by means of regular assessments.