Installation and Product Safety Information about this sector
Role of accreditation in this sector
In this sector, safety comes first – and accredited services play a crucial role. Because when it comes to the safety of industrial installations, cableway installations and lifts or complex machinery, there are numerous standards and legal bases in place at the national, European and international levels that must be complied with. Accreditations strengthen trust in the stakeholders who carry out these conformity assessments.
The same applies to the electronics sector: whether it’s the smartphone on the go, the computer in the office, the robot lawnmower in the garden or the talking toy in the kids’ room – technology determines our everyday life. When it comes to the quality and trouble-free operation of these products, tests, inspections and product certifications – with their competence attested by accreditation – fulfil an important function. In conjunction with both national and European legal bases, they make a contribution to placing devices and equipment on the market and making the everyday use of electronic products safer.
#The certification of management systems and persons in the area of installation and product safety is also carried out in many cases by accredited bodies.
Our technical units in the Installation and Product Safety sector
Installation and Machinery Safety | Precision Engineering | Optics | Explosion Protection
This technical unit manages accreditations in the areas of installations requiring monitoring, machinery and mechanical engineering, products including consumer products in the area of precision mechanics and optics, pressure equipment and vessels, explosion protection and gas appliances, and pipeline systems. Accreditation is in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024.
Electrical Engineering | Telecommunication | EMC | Active Medical Devices
This technical unit accredits on the basis of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 in the areas of electrical engineering, telecommunications, EMC and active medical devices.
Consumer Protection and Product Labelling (Non-Food)
The Consumer Protection and Product Labelling (Non-Food) technical unit grants accreditations in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020.
Material Testing and Materials Technology (non-destructive testing)
In accordance with its technical competence for the areas of material testing and materials technology (non-destructive testing), this technical unit handles accreditations on the basis of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024, DIN EN ISO 17034, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17043 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065.
Material Testing and Materials Technology (destructive testing)
This technical unit accredits conformity assessment bodies in the areas of analytical material testing, load testing, mechanical-technological testing, environmental behaviour, material properties that change over time or other material parameters in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065.
Certification of Persons and Management systems (cross-sector)
The Certification of Persons and Management Systems (Cross-Sector) technical unit manages the accreditation of certification bodies for management systems in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 for various management system certification standards and for persons in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024.
Water | Drinking Water | Water Supply
This technical unit covers a wide range of activities relevant to accreditation and relating to the characterisation, use and protection of water. Accreditations in accordance with for example DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17043, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, DIN EN ISO 17034 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 are possible.
Application examples of accredited services in this field of activity
- Testing and certification in the areas of electrical engineering, precision engineering, industrial low-voltage equipment, explosives for civil use, pyrotechnic articles, explosion protection, gas appliances, machinery, noise emission, mechanical engineering, personal protective equipment
- Tests, certifications and inspections in the areas of electrical equipment, technical work equipment and ready-to-use articles, cableway installations, low-voltage equipment, optics, toys, sports and leisure equipment/boats, active medical devices
- Tests, certifications and inspections in the areas of lifts, pressure equipment, simple pressure vessels, potentially explosive atmospheres and storage facilities for flammable liquids, hazardous goods, portable pressure equipment, pipeline systems, systems requiring monitoring, high-pressure gas lines
- Testing and certification of components, devices and equipment as well as inspection of the operation of nuclear installations and activities in connection with the dismantling of facilities as part of the phase out of nuclear energy
- Analytical material testing, load tests, mechanical-technological tests, environmental behaviour, material properties that change over time, other material parameters, non-destructive testing