Role of accreditation in this sector
Few sectors have developed as rapidly in recent years as information technology and telecommunications. Whether in the areas of artificial intelligence, the smart home, the cloud or Industry 4.0, there is no end in sight to the pace of innovation. All the more reason for accreditation to play its part in keeping an eye on safety and quality in the conformity assessment of the new products and systems emerging all the time. The focus here is not least on the functional safety of relevant devices and the testing of new or critical infrastructures and systems.
Our departments in the information technology and telecommunications sector
Information Technology / Information Security / Cybersecurity
This department is entrusted with the accreditation of testing laboratories (DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025), certification bodies for products (DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065) and inspection bodies (DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020) in the area of information security, information technology and cybersecurity.
Head of Department
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Ralf Egner (komm.)
Information Security Management Systems / Data Protection
The subject field of information security management systems assigned to this department includes the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 The subject field of data protection includes the accreditation of certification bodies in accordance with Article 43 GDPR on the basis of ISO/IEC 17065.
Head of Department
Dr. Ilona M. Pawlowska, LL.M.
Application examples of accredited services in this field of activity
- Implementation of conformity assessments with respect for example to the functionality of components, devices and systems and the functional safety of these products
- Accredited services for products and services related to new infrastructures and systems (for example cloud and Industry 4.0), implementation of European and German law on information technology and information security, operation of systems in critical infrastructures and the technologies used for this purpose.
- Certification in accordance with the ISO/IEC 27001 standard
- Certification for the IT security catalogue pursuant to the German Energy Industry Act (EnWG) on the basis of ISO/IEC 27006
- Certification of anti-bribery management systems in accordance with DIN ISO 37001