Focus of the technical unit
On the one hand, technical unit 1.6, Energy and Emissions Trading, manages cases of accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14065 for testing bodies that verify or validate greenhouse gas emissions, as well as accreditations for certification bodies for management systems in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 for energy management systems. On the other, this DAkkS technical unit accredits certification bodies for products, processes and services in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, testing laboratories in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and inspection bodies in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 in the area of renewable energy and nuclear technology.
Accreditations of verification bodies
The accreditations concern verification bodies in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14065 in the following areas:
- Verification bodies for EU emissions trading (EU ETS)
- Verification bodies for the verification of emissions from maritime transport
- Verification bodies in international air transport (CORSIA)
- Verification of greenhouse gas inventories/reports at organisational or project level in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14064-1 or DIN EN ISO 14064-2
Certification bodies for management systems
Accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 is available for certification bodies for management systems offering certifications in the area of energy management systems in accordance with DIN EN ISO 50001:2018.
Testing laboratories and certification and inspection bodies in the area of renewable energy and nuclear technology
The accreditations carried out here by the technical unit (for DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020) concern the following areas:
- Type certification of plants for regenerative energy generation
- Testing and certification of electrical properties of generating units and plants
- Inspection of sites with regard to wind potential, energy yield, noise and shadow immission, turbulence intensity
- Inspection of new or operating installations Certification of the identification of offshore installations
- Testing and certification of components, devices and equipment as well as the operation or dismantling of nuclear installations.