Accreditations and conformity assessment bodies
In order for an employment agency or job centre to be able to promote measures, both the institution or provider and the measure itself must meet the requirements of the Third Book of the Social Code (SGB III) and the Accreditation and Licensing Ordinance for Employment Promotion (AZAV), and must also comply with the recommendations of the Advisory Board pursuant to Section 182 SGB III and the implementation guidelines of the German Federal Employment Agency. These approvals are the responsibility of certification bodies accredited by DAkkS in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 or DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 and monitored annually (so-called expert bodies).
The expert bodies approve institutions in the following areas:
1. Measures for activation and vocational integration pursuant to Section 45 (1), first sentence, numbers 1 to 5 SGB III
2. Exclusively performance-related paid job placement in employment subject to insurance pursuant to Section 45 (4), third sentence, number 2 SGB III
3. Measures for choice of employment and vocational training pursuant to the third section of the third chapter of SGB III
4. Measures for continuing vocational education and training pursuant to the fourth section of the third chapter of SGB III
5. Transfer payments pursuant to Sections 110 and 111 SGB III 6. Measures for the participation of disabled people in working life pursuant to the seventh section of the third chapter of SGB III
In addition, the department also deals with DIN ISO 29990:2010 (Learning services for non-formal education and training) and in future also with ISO 21001:2018 (Educational organizations — Management systems for educational organizations — Requirements with guidance for use)
An overview of all currently approved expert bodies can be found via a query in the database of accredited bodies. To do this, enter "Certification body for products" as the type of conformity assessment activity, start the search and filter the result according to the area "Employment Promotion / Education".
Benefits of accreditation
This accreditation not only certifies that conformity assessment bodies have the competence for their work, it also independently confirms maintenance of this competence by means of regular assessments.