Structure of the department
This department is divided into the subject fields “Emission trading”, “Energy management / environmental management” and “Climate”.
Accreditations and conformity assessment bodies
The department is responsible for DIN EN ISO 14065 cases for testing laboratories that verify or validate greenhouse gas emissions, as well as DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1 cases for certification bodies for environmental and energy management systems. This currently concerns the following schemes:
For DIN EN ISO 14065:
- Verification bodies / verifiers for EU emission trading (EU ETS)
- Verification bodies / verifiers for verification of emissions from maritime transport, including verification of monitoring plans and emission reports
- Verification bodies for the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA, beyond EU ETS) with the verification of emission and cancellation reports
- Verification bodies in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14064-1 for the verification of greenhouse gas inventories at the organisation level
- Validation and verification bodies in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14064-2: Verification and validation of greenhouse gas emission reports at the project level
For DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1:
- Certification bodies for environmental management systems on the basis of DIN EN ISO 14001:2015
- Certification bodies for energy management systems on the basis of DIN EN ISO 50001:2018
Benefits of accreditation
This accreditation not only certifies that accredited bodies have the competence for their conformity assessment, it also independently confirms maintenance of this competence by means of regular assessments.