Which transition provisions exist for "old accreditations"?
Accreditations granted by government and private accreditation bodies before 1 January 2010 will remain valid until their expiry date (but no later than 31 December 2014). If listed in the database of accredited bodies, they will now be monitored by DAkkS. This also includes measures such as reduction, suspension or withdrawal of granted accreditations.
International recognition of "old accreditations"
For existing "old accreditations" granted within the framework of mutual accreditation agreements (MLA or MRA) of EA, ILAC and IAF, the international recognition of reports and certificates of accredited bodies remains in force until the expiry date of the accreditation. This applies to accreditations of the following bodies:
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Akkreditierung mbH (DGA)
- Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle Chemie GmbH (DACH)
- Deutsches Akkreditierungssystem Prüfwesen GmbH (DAP)
- Deutscher Kalibrierdienst (DKD)
- Trägergemeinschaft für Akkreditierung mbH (TGA)
- DATech in der TGA GmbH (DATech)
The accreditations granted can be accessed in the directories of accredited bodies.